Is neoprene items harmful to health?

Hi i was cutting open some wetsuits to be thrown away. I later realised they were made from neoprene. Should i be concerned of any health risk by doing this?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need not be worried. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX I will be happy to answer you. Neoprene made items, on long term exposure to moisture, can turn allergic to skin. Even though longstanding contact is proved to be harmful, it is a very rare possibility. some people may develop blisters and patches of skin damage on contact. In your case, you need not worry as you do not seem allergic to it. keep them in the place where they were kept, ventilated for some time; and everything will be fine. Hope i have answered your question. All the best.