Is natural conception possible when menstruation cycle is of 25-30 days?

Excellent

Question
My periods are 25-30 days cycles. Should I be able to conceive naturally? My gp and gynaecologist arevnot concerned. I dont have pcos and everything is normal with all blood work
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Have all chances of natural conception Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXXXXX keogh, Thanks for posting query. As there is no other gynaec problem including PCOD and all blood reports are normal, there are all chances of having conceiving naturally. Only thing you have to observe is your ovulation time. Have sexual intercourse between 12th to 20th day of your period when there is maximum chances of conceiving. As there is h/o asthma, please see that your medicine does not contain any oral steroid medicine. Do regular deep breathing exercise as you are having asthma. I hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. Wish you good health and take care.

Follow-up: Is natural conception possible when menstruation cycle is of 25-30 days? 3 hours later
I am a severe brittle asthmatic, so if I conceive what is the best option for me for giving birth. I automatically thought I would have a caeserean but apparently they prefer asthmatics with natural birth. What are your thoughts? If it was to work out I had PCOD I still do have a chance to become pregnant naturally don't I? I worry time is running out with being 38 but I only be married 18 months and now would like to start a family. Many thanks

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advice natural delivery. go for PCOD treatment if Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXXXXX keogh, Thanks for posting query again. Do not think now about way of delivery, let your Gynaec decide at that time seeing circumstances. Delivery can be done by Caesarian section if asthma is well controlled at that time. It is advisable to go for natural delivery. But it is too early to decide and do not worry. If PCOD is there then natural pregnancy is there but go for its treatment by consulting Gynaec as early as possible as age advances fertility goes down and there might be problem for conceiving as well. I hope, I answered your query to your satisfaction. Now if you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Ok and wish you good luck.