Is my urinalysis and blood report normal ?

Hi! I had a urinalysis test along with other blood work since I had a kidney/pancreas in 2004 and to every 2 months for blood work. My rapa level was 9.9 and c-peptide level 14.05. Also, my amylase went up to 126 and my direct bilirubin up to 0.4. Mononuclear 10.2, lymphocyte 13.9 low, sodium low 131. In my urinalysis it shows appearance as hazy, blood 2+ high, Leukocytes 3+ high, urobilinogen <2.0 high, WBC 1/HPF high, RBC 3/HPF high, epithethelial cells 4/HPF, bacteria few but states high, and Mucous OCC high.I'm a 50 year old female. Sorry for the long list and thank you for your help and kindness! :-)
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

You have a pretty good RAPA level for a person with so many conditions. I appreciate that.

Your C-peptide level is pretty high and the reason for this needs to be looked at.

The possible causes of an abnormally elevated C-peptide levels are, INSULINOMA, type-2 diabetes mellitus and some times may be pancreatitis.

An elevated serum amylase along with an elevated C-peptide levels does indicate that you might be having a recurrence of pancreatitis.

A direct bilirubin level of 0.4 is not of any significance at this time.

But the thing that worries me the most in your reports is that of C-peptide and your urine analysis report.

Your urine analysis report is definitely indicative of urinary tract infection, (Most probably of the kidneys).

You should go to your treating doctor at the earliest and I suggest you get admitted and get treated for all these issues at once.

Hope this information will help you. Please feel free to write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.