Is my sinus problem causing lightheartedness, pressure in temples and dizziness?

My symptoms are lightheartedness, feeling as though I'm about to pass out, pressure in temples, top of head (above forehead), between eyebrows, above eye brows and sometimes the back of my head. I get very sudden pain in my ear and eyebrows that doesn't last long or happen often. My nose FEELS blocked but I can breathe out of it. Sometimes it feels like I'm swallowing phlegm down the back of my throat. And sometimes I get a sudden onset of dizziness and a spaced out feeling. These symptoms have been on off for a good few months now... My own GP has had me on a steroid spray and antihistamine that hasn't really helped. Sometimes I actually feel like I'm dying or have some serious health issue. Can this really be caused by sinus problems? I'm 19 years old and it's really starting to take a tole on my day to day life. I also suffer from some anxiety which I'm sure doesn't help. Does this sound serious? Any what this may be? How can I help myself?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Brief answer....given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Your symptoms suggest that you are suffering from chronic sinusitis along with anxiety. Normally chronic sinusitis is always preceded by a bout of acute sinusitis which gets cured in 2-3 weeks and then symptoms persist because of various factors like... Poor drainage of sinuses Persistent inflammatory changes in sinus Build up of mucus Fungal infection Flare up of infection again and again. Symptoms of chronic sinusitis continue to wax and wane.They become severe at he time of acute infection and then they ease off and leave behind a background level of symptoms. You need to consult a ENT specialist and get the following done.. CT scan of sinuses  Nasal endoscopy  Nasal swab culture etc. Surgery can be an option if scan reveals some blockage. There are  various procedures like functional endoscopic sinus surgery ( FESS ) or ballon catheter dilatation of para nasal sinuses Ostia. Till you consult a surgeon,do the following.. Avoid cold drinks Take steam inhalation twice a day Take hot liquids Avoid going suddenly into colder temperature from hot temperature. at the end I would like to say that this is nothing serious and would be all right with proper approach and management. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks