Is my pain in left side related to cysts in superior pole and inferior pole cortex of the left kidney?

Oncologist
Question
20 x 19 x19 mm cyst arising from the superior pole cortex of the left kidney. And a 14 x 10 x 9 mm cyst arising from the inferior pole cortex of the left kidney. Anything to worry about also extreme pain on my left side does this pain have anything to do with the cyst?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Consiserations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. Renal cysts can develop quite frequently in the setting of hypertension and diabetes. The presence of cysts makes it all that much more important to maintain good blood pressure and good blood glucose levels to prevent further changes in your kidneys or other organs, such as eyes, or nerves. Renal cysts usually do not cause pain. Please follow closely with your primary care physician to monitor any changes in kidneys (either with lab tests and/or imaging studies) and to evaluate your left-sided pain. I wish you good health in this new year. Please let me know if there are any other questions. Sincerely, Dr. G

Follow-up: Is my pain in left side related to cysts in superior pole and inferior pole cortex of the left kidney? 1 minute later
Is that a large or small cyst

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 27 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: This would be regarded as a small cyst.