Is my neck pain associated with disc bulge?

I talked with a Doctor online last week about my bulging disc at C3-4 and herniated disc at C6-7 and got good answers but my problem now is that on my left foot at the ankle where the blood vessel is I am experiencing sharp pains,dull and heavy and the vessel is swelling when I get up on the foot. Does this have anything to do with my neck issues?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

C3-C4 bulging Disc and C6-C7 herniated Discs will usually cause neck pain and pain over shoulders and arms.

Sharp pain at the ankle can be due to multiple causes. Local causes such as Ligament Sprain are quite common. Sharp pain is not commonly seen in venous disease of limbs. Such disease cause mild swelling and some discomfort with superficial dilation of the veins.

Its unlikely that your ankle pain is related to your cervical disc disease.

Get your self examined by a physician and it will be clear whats the cause.
For venous disease of lower limb, you might need to do a Doppler USG.

Hope this answers your query.

Please get back if you need any further information.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran