Is my husband the father of my baby? Cheated on husband, no ejaculation, had sex with husband, now pregnant

Question
please tell me my husband is the father of my baby.I have been going to a fertility clinic for 4 months. on May 25th i cheated on my husband with an ex. he did not ejaculate in me whatsoever. that was the first and only time i cheated. that night i had intercourse with my husband as well as the following nights every night. on the 29th i had an appointment in the afternoon and was told i was ovulating for me to have intercourse with my husband that night to conceive. we did as well as the whole following week. i found out in pregnant in now 9 weeks pregnant. the doctor said it was my husbands but the guilt has me wondering please help. is there a chance my husband may not be the father of my child? i don't want the other man in my life.
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 31 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

If your ex did not ejaculate inside of you then it is less likely that he is the father of the child however the failure rate of this method of contraception is from 15% to 28%. It also does not protect the spread of STI.

The fact that you were intimate with your husband at the time when your doctor said you were ovulating ( which tends to last about 6 to 8 days) increases the chance that he is the father of the baby.
If you started ovulating on this date then that would mean you were not ovulating at time you were with you ex and it would reduce the chances that he is the father.

The only way to know for sure if your husband is the father would be a DNA test.

I hope this answer is helpful to you. Feel free to answer any other questions

Follow-up: Is my husband the father of my baby? Cheated on husband, no ejaculation, had sex with husband, now pregnant 24 minutes later
i understand the risks. i just really want my husband to be the father. if he didn't ejaculate whatsoever in me and hadn't had sex or masturbated to where sperm might be in the pre ejaculation and i was with my husband every night after that. more than once sometimes and he ejaculated in me everytime. can i ease my mind and think this child is my husbands.

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 44 minutes later
Hi

There are couples who use the withdrawal method consistently and it is reported that their chances of conception is as low 4%.
If he did not ejaculate inside and you were not ovulating the chances of pregnancy are minimal.

It would be more likely that your husband is the father, the baby may or may not have features that may indicate his or her parentage but the only 100% definitive way to know is DNA analysis.

I hope this helps you, feel free to ask anything else

Follow-up: Is my husband the father of my baby? Cheated on husband, no ejaculation, had sex with husband, now pregnant 17 minutes later
are there DNA TEST that can be performed while pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 18 minutes later

Yes there is a DNA test that can be done while pregnant from the 9th week, it will require blood from you and the father. If your ex would provide a blood sample it may be possible to rule him out.

I hope everything works out for you