Is my echo test result indicating any critical heart disease ?

I was hoping to get an opinion from a cardiologist or someone with a high knowledge of the heart. I am 23. no real big symptoms other than the occasional shortness of breath and a typical chest pain. I have never had a heart problem other than a murmur when I was a kid, but the cardio wanted me to have some tests done. he said he didnt suspect any significant heart disease so i had a echo and a stress test. I did the stress test he said that my resting BP was OK 120/62. but when i excercised it went up maybe an indicator I will have high BP in the future. now the results of my echo is what is really scary because I am reading online about it. the summary is as follows:
Left ventricular ejection fraction is 50%
Left ventricular cavity is mildly increased
Mild concentric left ventricular hypertrophy
that is the one that is really scaring me! everything I read is that is in advanced severe cases. why would I have this and not have any symptoms? is it reversable and what is the prognosis? I will also include the parameters
MV Peak E- 1.09 m/s Lat e', MV ann- .19 m/s
MV Peak A- 0.35 m/s Lat E/e' Ratio- 6
E/A Ratio 3.11 Sep e' MV ann-0.14 m/s
Sep E/e' ratio 8
Avg e' 0.17 m/s
Avg E/e' Ratio 7
Te'-TE 14.50
IVRT/TE 3.72
LV IVRT 54 msec
MV DT- 363 msec
Sorry so long but any information would be greatly appreciate. What heart diseases do you see these in? what heart disease would I be suspected of having and the prognosis. thank you

Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 6 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

Before i can comment on the Echo reports provided here, I would like to know a few details regarding your symptoms of chest pain and shortness of breath.

Can you describe
1. how long have you had the symptoms ?
2. the quality of chest pain ( stabbing, pricking, burning, compressing)
3. Intensity of the pain ( on a scale of 1 to 10)
3. If the pain is radiating to any other part of the body ( neck, armpits, etc)
4. Associated symptoms - sweating, palpitations, dizziness, etc.

In addition, further information regarding the murmur detected in childhood, might be helpful.
1. Did the murmur resolve on its own or
2. Did your treating cardiologist detect any murmurs on physical examination ?
3. The echo report - has some details missing regarding murmurs, or other lesions.
4.Have you taken any medication since childhood regarding this problem.

Also please mention if you drink alcoholic beverages or smoke.

Once the additional information is received, i shall give you my interpretation of your echo and stress test reports and further course of action will be explained.

Follow-up: Is my echo test result indicating any critical heart disease ? 10 hours later
I have had the shortness of breath since I was a kid but was told it was asthma and anxiety because it mostly occured at rest and not with physical excersise.
The chest pain is really never there it comes and goes mostly when i flex my pec muscles.
the pain is a 2 at most
no radiating pain.
I get the occasional palpation, Dr said may be PAC's.

I was told the murmur was very faint and difficult to detect thought it went away for a while but yes my cardiologist heard it on physical exam, said he wasnt worried but didnt give me any info about the murmur,
the echo didnt state anything about murmurs, it said very mild mitral regurgitaion, and trivial triscuspid regurgition,
no I take no medicine of any kind, except i had to take anti biotics before seeing a dentist when i was a kid i remember that.
I dont smoke or drink, I used to but quit both cold XXXXXXX about 3 months ago.
Hello and thanks for the additional information,

According to the Echo results, it reveals dilated and hypertrophied left ventricle. The rest of the findings are in the normal limits.

Since you do not suffer from hypertension, the findings do not concern me.

The elevation of blood pressure during exercise stress test is normal, and you need not worry about it.

I hope this helps. I shall be available for any follow up questions that you might be having.