Is my blood pressure normal?

My blood pressure is 150 over80 I am 67 is this norm
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information.

Your blood pressure is 150/80 mmHg.

Normal systolic pressure for a person is 140 mm Hg considering your age. There seems to be slight elevation in blood pressure. However the pulse pressure ( Systolic minus diastolic) is 70mm just above normal for your age . This pulse pressure is because of reduced compliance by the arteries. Hence the blood exerts high pressure on its lateral walls to record high systolic pressure (upper measure) and normal diastolic (lower measure).

I suggest you take 3 to 4 subsequent readings from a Physician. If it is still raised you might need medication for this.

Also try to reduce oily food,exercise daily ,avoid stress and drink sufficient fluids to reduce blood pressure.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.