Is my A positive pregnant wife in danger considering i am A negative?
User rating for this question
hi my question is my wife is pregnant and this is her fourth month. I have. my blood group A neg and my wife is A pos some say that their might be some problem n pregncy if u opposite blood group. is it true. could u suggest some tips for my wife.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to worry Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Usually problem can arise when mother's blood group is Rh negative and father's blood group is Rh positive. Because this type of combination may lead to baby with Rh positive blood group in Rh negative mother. And that can lead to development of antibodies towards baby blood cells. But in your case, as you are Rh negative and your wife is Rh positive, above problem will not arise. No need to worry. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Is my A positive pregnant wife in danger considering i am A negative? 19 minutes later
thanks a lot for the info actually my sister comes under that category where here blood group is A neg and her husband is O pos. they got married for one year still no babies. one doctor told my sister that she had thyroid in blood. we are in bad situation now. could u please let us know what we should do in this case. also let me know please what will happen is girl is having neg blood group and husband with positive. what is the diagnostic solution for my sister
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Thyroid profile T3, T4, TSH Detailed Answer: Hi, Your sister should undergo thyroid profile. This will help in finding out the problem. Thyroid hormonal abnormality can affect the menstrual cycles and fertility. By correcting the thyroid hormonal levels fertility chances can be improved. Rh negative blood group itself will not affect the fertility. If Rh negative woman with Rh positive husband becomes pregnant: -Sometimes the baby can get Rh positive blood group. In that case if fetomaternal blood mixing occurs antibodies towards fetal blood cells can develop. That can harm the baby. This is more possible from second pregnancy onwards. If the baby also gets Rh negative blood group, no need to worry. For more details: http://srsree.blogspot.in/2013/10/rh-negative-pregnancy-1.html Now nothing can be done related to blood groups. Let her take treatment for infertility. When she becomes pregnant, careful antenatal checkups are needed. Take care.
People also viewed
- My wife is pregnant and she is hiv positive
- False positive because of primolut
- Prescribed ovipure for pregnant wife
- Treatment and cure for chronic steroid therapy
- On 15th day my follicle size was 25mm and endometrium grade 13 mm
- Treatment and cure for chronic tendinosis
- Treatment and cure for bladder wall injury
- Is it positive report to pregnant my wife
- Treatment and cure for iliopsoas tendinitis
- Pregnant test sometimes positive sometimes negative
- Tab ovacare helps in early pregnancy
- Treatment and cure for signet ring carcinoma
- Ecospring 75 mg and pregnancy
- How i get fair color complexion unborn baby in pregnancy
- Positive leukocytes negative nitrates pregnant