Is "multiple spots in bilateral frontal lobes" symptom of Multiple sclerosis?

Hello Dr., I am a nurse and I am so concerned for my sisters condition for I fear she has MS and I have watched her symptoms become worse over the past two year and she also has DJD and is just suffering! Every Dr. she has seen seems to want to just give out pain pills or referrals to other Dr. and no clear answers are given! I have seen the scan of her brain which shocked me! She has multiple spots in bilateral frontal lobes I say spots because they didn't look like the lesions that I have seen in other MS patients! But the Dr.s response was maybe it is MS maybe you were exposed to something! I mean her symptoms have worsened and I need to get her help! where should I take her? Shes had every test in the book now we need help! shes only 40 and her health is going downhill fast!
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult a Neurologist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sorry for the delay in my response. Most of the symptoms you have mentioned are typically seen in MS. The spots in the brain over MRI and the symptoms make me suspect that this could be a progressive case of MS. I strongly recommend a visit to Neurologist at the earliest, Considering the age, I could postulate that if its MS it can worsen at faster rate compared to that of seen in other ages. DJD is a different entity, which may need a Orthopaedician's help. Since 40 I believe she could be suffering from a inflammatory condition which could be cured. Wish you good health. Regards,
Follow-up: Is "multiple spots in bilateral frontal lobes" symptom of Multiple sclerosis? 14 hours later
Thank you Dr. for your response. This is exactly what I feared for my sister my problem is now finding the right Doctors for her we have requested an appointment with the top neurologist at the Mayo Clinic in Florida but their so backed up that there isn't even a waiting list and they said try back in the summer but my sister needs to start treatment to slow this disease down soon! So my question is can you suggest anyone in our area (South Carolina) who is on top of the latest MS treatment or at least who are the top leading neurologist? Ofcourse no disrespect to physicians but the ones she has seen should be ashamed of themselves!
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Below are the details Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. You can take her to one amongst the below mentioned doctors. Dr. XXXXXXX A. Ricalde, MD Neurology 100 XXXXXXX St, Seneca, SC 29678 or Dr. XXXXXXX M. McCaffrey, MD Neurology 8170 Rourk St, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 Wish you good health. Regards,