Is more driving per day (more than 10 km) escalates depression ?

Jun 2014

SIR As per your advice I have reduced Aricep 10mg to 5mg.further in future also i will stop existing 5mg. and Nexfolin I started for which i asked you 1 week back. I Regard to your advice & care. As you advice to start Paroxetine, will 20 mg once in the day time will do ? After starting i will let you know if any improvement or any remarkable side effects. PL.GO THROGH FOLLOWING QUESTIONS OF MINE AND YOUR ANSWERS WILL NO DOUBT WILL HELP ME. Is more driving per day (more than 10 km) escalates depression ? Is more than 4 to 5 hrs sleep gives less energy for who suffers from modorate depression ? Sometimes before mirror marked that often left eye go more squint though by birth very little sqintness was there which can be called as normal.Why this happens?It indicates what? PL.TAKE CARE SO THAT THIS WILL NOT BE DISCLOSED IN NET OR ANY WHERE.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Long driving and sleeping would not increase dep Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for showing you trust on me. Paroxetine is very good antidepressant and would definitely show good response in your case. Its half life is 20 to 24 hours, so it would take 4 to 5 days to get desire blood level and would take 7 to 14 days to show effect. Just take it on same dose and you would get the response. In your case, outing would be beneficial and help to come out of depression. You can drive car as much as you want. It would not escalate depression rather than it would boost your confidence and decrease underline anxiety. You should take six hours sleep daily, that would help to decrease the physical tiredness. Rest depends upon your need. If you feel better with long sleep, you can take it. Sleeping for longer hours would not increase depression. In depressive episode, sound sleep would help you to improve faster. Squint in left eye may be due to muscle weakness. You can consult a ophthalmologist for this. In case, you need further help, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist