Is monolaurin effective in treating HSV2?

Excellent

Dentist
Question
Is monolaurin effective in treating hsv2? If so what dosage should one take?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, monolaurin with 1.5 gm twice daily initially Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. Yes, monolaurin is non toxic antiviral supplement & can be taken to treat infection with all strain of herpes virus. Initial dose is 1.5 gm once or twice daily for a week, then increase it gradually to 3.0 gm once or twice daily till positive response. Exact dose is decided according to severity of case. Consult physician before starting. Hope I answered your query Wishing you good health Regards Dr. Neha Sumra

Follow-up: Is monolaurin effective in treating HSV2? 23 hours later
Thank you for your response. I have a few more questions. Do you think its just as effective as valtrex? Also can you use it in conjunction with valtrex ? Or should it be used by itself?

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, it has better result than valtrex. Detailed Answer: Hi I would like to tell you that monolaurin has lauric acid that is derived from coconut & coconut has gud results in curing herpes. So i would advise you to initially start with monolaurin. Next thing is it can be taken along with valtrex if you don't get any result with in one month because it is supplement drug. Hence its safe to take both together but monolaurin itself has good results.So first go for it. Consult physician for further information. Hope I answered your query Regards Dr. Neha Sumra

Follow-up: Is monolaurin effective in treating HSV2? 24 hours later
Thank you. The information you provided was extremely helpful!

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Most welcome madam. Detailed Answer: You are most welcome madam. If you have any problem in future I will be glad to help you out. If you are satisfied with my advice kindly close the query. Wishing you good health. Regards Dr. Neha Sumra