Is moderate red wine consumption safe when having high blood pressure and cholesterol?

Hello, My mother was diagnose last year with high blood pressure and this year her cholesterol was a litter high, my question is she would like to know cold she drink one to two glasses of red wind for the holiday
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query in my opinion she can take one or two drinks for red wine but not more than that . Red wine is good for health in moderate amounts and cuts the bad cholesterol increasing the good one but in excess mounts its bad . So in my view she can go for it in controlled manner. Take care. Dr. Shruti