Is minoxidil 5 safe for hair loss? Any alternate medicine?

Does MINOXIDIL 5 % (MINTOP) has any side effect to treat my hair loss?

Can you please guide me with better alternative without much side effects to treat my hair loss, if any?

Is Ayurvedic treatment is best for hair loss to give solution from root?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Minoxidil is the best medical treatment available now for hair loss.
The problem with this is, it starts acting slow, that is around 2 months after starting applying, and it will show its effect only till you keep applying it.
Regarding side effects, it is quite safe and the only side effect is slight burning which goes off in few days.
Well to give you more confidence, even I use it daily and didn't develop any side effects. In order to get better results, please consult your physician about Tablet Androanagen and get a prescription for it.
Regarding ayurveda, I don't have much idea but definitely you can start using minoxidil.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thank you
Follow-up: Is minoxidil 5 safe for hair loss? Any alternate medicine? 1 hour later

Thanks for reply.

Just to confirm, So once we stop applying this after 6 month(once I see hair growth), then will hair fall start once again?

Is this a life time activity(applying MINOXIDIL) to reduce hair fall?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later
yes it is life time treatment. You can just use it just like normal oil.
There is nothing to worry, just keep applying it.
The tablet you can stop after 6 months.
Thank you