Is mild fever following tetanus/anti-rabies vaccine, normal?

Hi, I was bitten by dog yesterday. Today I visited a doctor and got the tetanus and anti rabis injections. Now after that I have some fever. Please let me know if this is natural. Also can I take a medicine like Disprin/Crocin for fever.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take Crocin and 5 days' course of an antibiotic Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Yes. It is normal to have a mild fever following tetanus/anti-rabies' vaccine. You may take Crocin four times a day, till the fever comes down. However, fever can also be due to either, infected bite-wound; or, some other infection having cropped up coinciding with dog bite. I suggest that you take a course of an antibiotic, preferably Augmentin for 5 days, to prevent/cure secondary infection of the bite-wound. It is a usual practice to prescribe a course of antibiotics in cases of moderately deep bite-wound. Take the antibiotic under supervision of a doctor. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal