Is mifeprestone sufficient to cause abortion?

Hi I missed my periods and 30th of oct 2013 and on doing test 09/11/2013 pregnancy was confirmed. I want to get it aborted.I got Mifepristone 200mg one tablet. Is this enough for abortion or do I need to take anything else as well?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: you need additional medicines Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I understand your current health concern. A single tablet of Mifeprestone 200mg is not sufficient to cause abortion or termination of pregnancy. You need to take 2 to 3 such doses orally. Also, you will require Misoprostol tablets additionally as well. I usually give my patients a single tablet of 600mg of Mifeprestone, followed by 2 tablets of Misoprostol vaginally after 2 hours, and another 2 tablets of Misoprostol repeated after another 4 hours. Both the drugs are prescription medications; you should take them under the supervision of your doctor. Please get the right dosage and number of drugs prescribed by your doctor. Wish you recover quickly.
Follow-up: Is mifeprestone sufficient to cause abortion? 13 minutes later
If I get severe abdominal pains during this procedure can I take painkillers?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sure, you can take Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Sure, you can take painkillers when you have pain during this procedure. You can take Brufen , crocin, meftal spas and even a small dose of sedative like Diazepam, if in severe pain. Take care!