Is mediterranean anemia, color blindness and hyperkerotosis a genetic disease?

hello. i don't know if it is the right place to ask but i have a serious relationship and i am worried about my fiance's future health and my future child.
He is a health man 23 years old. He has the stigma of Mediterranean anaemia but he is just a carrier. His hematocrit levels are normal so he can donate blood etc. Also , he has hyperkeratosis on his left foot sole since he was born. the dermatologist said that he can cut it so it doesn't get too thick but there is no solution to it. anyway it doesn't affect him to anything. maybe sometimes it hurts but thats all. then...he has a 1 supernumerary nipple but it is tiny. and..hopefully the last thing he has daltonism (color blindness) . Actually he can see most of the colors but he can't recognise eg pink from coral pink. he can barely recognise the numbers from the color blindness book but he sees everything i don't i am stigma free. but i am really worried with all these..which of them are inherited, what are the chances if i don't have there anything behind all these? generally he is healthy.
Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 56 minutes later
Hello , welcome.

Out of three diseases you have mentioned, two are hereditary.
Firstly Mediterranean anemia means thalesemia has two type alfa and beta type. They are autosomal recessive, means if husband and wife both are carrier then there is high chance that child will be affected. If only one is carrier then it is less likely, but it depends on genetic mutation also.

Secondly, color blindness is X chromosome linked disease means, females are carrier and male will be affected. That is why if you will have male child then there is chance that he could be affected.

Thirdly, hyperkerotosis is not linked with genetics.

Lastly, I will suggest that you should consult a local genetic con selling centre along with your partner and know them with pictures and process of transmission.

Hopefully i have given answer to your query, any follow up are welcome.
Follow-up: Is mediterranean anemia, color blindness and hyperkerotosis a genetic disease? 13 hours later
what about the supernumerary nipple? do you think the situation is bad? can it affect the health of my partner?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later

Welcome back,

Supernumerary nipple is nothing just more than a single nipple on either side along the breast line(the line along which breast develops or degenerate). It is a normal congenital variation, it will not affect health at all. So need not worry about that.

Hope I have got your all answers.