Is medial branch spinal injection considered a surgical procedure?

Question
Is a medial branch spinal injection considered a surgical procedure?
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NO

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about your back pain. Hope this spin injection help relief your of the pains.

This, in strict terms is not considered a surgical procedure. However, for billing purposes, this may be classified as a minor surgical/intervention procedure for harmonized use.

Hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well and glad to have had you use our services today. We wish you well and feel free to ask for any further clarifications if need be.
Thanks.
Dr. Ditah, MD