Ask a Urologist   »  

Is mastrubation safe when suffering from chronic prostatitis?

I am 75 and have an enlarged prostate. My wife with some dementia is not interested in sex. While I have chronic prostatitis, it has become dormant lately, Should I avoid masturbation? I am physically active for my age. I do not drink or smoke. Heart problems are limited. My urologist has said NO, a previous one said NOT MUCH!
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can still masturbate. Detailed Answer: Good Day and thank you for being with Healthcare Magic! I would like to congratulate you for being healthy even though you are already 75 years old. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't masturbate as long you have a healthy heart and it doesn't interfere with your daily activities. if you are physically active then there is no reason for you not to masturbate. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes. Regards, Manuel C. See IV, M.D. DPBU FPUA