Is magnesium chloride safe for chronic constipation?

General Surgeon
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX recommends magnesium chloride for chronic constipation. I am aware that people have used Epsom salts- mag sulphate- for this problem for many years. Is there a major difference? I am having trouble finding a supplier of mag chloride except in liquid form for topical application.
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
I am sorry to say that Magnesium chloride is not as effective as Magnesium sulphate and Magnesium hydroxide.
Magnesium chloride is available in pill,solution forms and also in cream form.
Elektra magnesium chloride cream is available in jar and tube.Please visit website WWW.WWWW.WW for further details.
Hope i answered your query
Wish you good health