Is lutheral phase shorter then the avarage 14 days. How long after implantation would PG test show positive?

Infertility Specialist
Question
please advise if lutheral phase (phase after ovulation) is shorter then the avarage 14 days would that make any difference when it comes to testing? for example, is conception accured on the 1st of the monh and if I was to test on the 11th - would it be positive? (thats 10 days after conception?) - or would a 15 days still apply for the first home pregnancy test to come positive?? - could you respond to me on below: a) if ovulation/conception accured on the 1st (eg 1/07) when would the home pregnancy test show positive(earliest)?b)would the home pregnancy test show positive on the 11th? (10 days after conception? c) approximately when would implantation be completed?d) how long after implantation would pregnancy test show positive?e) does the lenght of lutheral phase make any difference?
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query.

Following are my suggestions / reply : 1) some women have short luteal phase ( less than 14 days). It is normal. 2) Generally ovulation occurs 14 days prior to next cycle ( if your cycle is on 14/07 means your ovulation was on 01/ 07) It is retrospective diagnosis.

Now let me answer your specific queries: a) if pregnancy (conception) occurred on 1st, home urine pregnancy test is positive between 18 -21. b) home pregnancy is unlikely to show positive on 11th. c) implantaion takes 5 days after conception. That is by 6th in your case. d) approximately 12 to 15 days after implantation home test shows positive. e) Length of luteal phase wont matter much in this situation.If you are eager to check pregnancy please get serum beta hCG done. Its detected 10days after implantation & is accurate.

I hope I answered your queries.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility specialist.

Follow-up: Is lutheral phase shorter then the avarage 14 days. How long after implantation would PG test show positive? 21 hours later
Thank you. When you say 12 to 15 days after implantation it will show first positive ....Is this maybe 12/15 days after conception? Just wanna confirm. Also would it show positive before a missed period by home test or its less likely that by that point it would show positive?? .... Is it true if carrying a boy hcg ( pregnancy hormone levels take longer to be detected in urine pregnancy then if carrying a girl??

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 28 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

Let me clarify. Implantation occurs around 5 days after conception and urine would test positive after 12 to 15 days after implantation of the embryo. Hence I mentioned earlier that one will test positive roughly by 18 to 21 days after conception.

Urine pregnancy test is less likely to show positive report before missed period.

There is no relation between the sex of baby and hCG levels in urine. There is no scientific evidence to suggest a low value suggest a male baby and vice versa.

I hope I answered you query. Please accept my answer if no more queries. Yet, if you need more clarification, I am available to help.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & Infertility specialist

Follow-up: Is lutheral phase shorter then the avarage 14 days. How long after implantation would PG test show positive? 23 minutes later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 47 minutes later

I am happy that I could help you. Please accept my answer and close the discussion.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist