Is lucozade advisable for a type 2 diabetic ?

can i drink lucozade if am a type 2 diabetic?i will like Personalized Diet & Fitness plan.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 11 hours later

Diabetes Type 2 is a condition marked by high levels of sugar(glucose) in the blood. Since the body cannot prepare good amount of insulin , the glucose fails to enter the cells and hence remains at high levels in blood .

People with diabetes are generally advised to consume drinks which contain only low levels of sugars.Since LUCOZADE is a concentrated source of carbohydrate, it is not suitable for everyday consumption in people with diabetes.

However, LUCOZADE can be used by people with diabetes for emergency correction when they reach a stage called hypoglycemia ,where the blood sugars fall drastically and cause symptoms like sweating , palpitations , tremors ,etc.

Hence I suggest you not to consume this drink every day.

For personalized diet and fitness plan you can avail our services, I will provide the link for the same below

I hope I answered your query ,I shall be available for your follow up queries as well.