Is low testosterone caused due to undescended testicle?

Hi, my husband has one undescended testicle, he is 36 years old. His other one is fine and as a child his doctor said that as long as one works it will overcompensate. Now he is diagnosed with low testosterone. Could this be due to the undescended testicle? Also, would this cause him to have fertility problems even if his other testicle works fine?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: One normal testis is adequate for normal function. Detailed Answer: Good Day and thank you for being with Healthcare Magic! Having one undescended testis and one normal testis is adequate for testosterone production and fertility. The normal testis should be able to produce enough testosterone and sperm for normal fertility. There are several studies showing that one testis has the same fertility rates as compared with men with two testis. There could be other reasons why your husband has a low testosterone, it could be because of obesity, lack of exercise and physical activity, poor diet, stress etc. I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you. Best wishes.