Is low-carbohydrate and high fiber diet good for abdominal pain and diarrhea?

Hello Doc, I have had mild to moderate abdominal pain and fatulence (during the second half of the day) for the past three days. I am also having a mild case of diarrhea. Will be obliged to have your suggestion. I am male aged 39, not on any kind of medication as of now and have recently been on a low-carb high fibre diet, if that is relevant. Thanks very much.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Manisha Gopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is Infection, start antibiotics and get well! Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX welcome to health care magic! Hope you are fine. I have read your question carefully and would like to tell you that it is not at all a serious problem but only some abdominal infection, which can be managed completely. I have been seeing such cases almost every day in our clinic, and usually the cause is some food/ juice/ ice cream / sweet/ salad/ curd/ water, eaten form outside. I am telling you all these so that you can recognise what caused problem in your case, and also , so that you can remain healthy always by avoiding such things from now onwards. Always go for cooked food if you eat from out side, like -- tea, etc. Avoid semi - cooked, or uncooked foods. Home made food times are usually non infective and harmless. When I get such a patient, I usually go for a course of metronidazole three times , with cefixime twice a day. Aong with that, semi solid diet ( which you are already on ) , and pantoperazole 20-40 mg - before breakfast ( reduces gastritis ). Your doctor would know all of these medicines. For abdominal pain, I have seen drugs like-- meftal saps taking care sufficiently. There are no symptoms-- watery diarrhoea or blood or mucus in stools or vomiting, etc., which suggest that your infection is serious. If any of the above said symptoms is there, with these medicines, I recommend a shot of injectable antibiotics, ultra sound abdome, and ORS. So, donot worry, but start medicines and get well fast ! feel free to ask if you have any more query Dr. Manisha Gopal