Is loss of concentration, being insane and short temper a symptom of ADHD?

hi, my son has problems concentrating and staying focused. then he gets mad and is short tempered. he has always struggled with school and did not graduate. is this ADD? thank you for your time and doing what you do!
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It could be an adhd Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. From what you have mentioned in the history it is possible that the illness he is suffering could be an ADHD. Earlier it was thought that adhd settles down as one gets old but the belief is now changed. It is now thought that ADHD that begins in childhood could very well persist in adulthood as well and the fact that your son had symptoms all through the childhood extending in the adulthood as well suggests that your son could be having an ADHD. In adults its mostly attendion deficit disorder. The proof whether it is an adhd disorder is that it should improve with meyhylphenidate if its an adhd serving as an indirect evidence. You should see a psychiatrist who will prescribe you methylphenidate of around 10mg thrice a day for a weeks and look at the difference. Bupropion is an another option. It also improved adhd symptoms at 150mg ones daily. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.