Ask a Dentist   »  

Is loose teeth caused due to undetected STD infection?

Dentist
Question
Hi Is it possible that if i had an undetected std for a long time that my teeth would become loose in my gums and eventually have to be pulled.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Dipti Singh 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes it is possible because of constant infection Detailed Answer: Hello, This is Dr. DIPTI XXXXXXX here to replay your query. Undetected long standing infection is known to affect gums and teeth. So yes, if you had an undetected infection, then your teeth would become loose. However since the gums can become loose due to non infective condition / non - STD infection, it is essential that you visit a dentist and confirm the cause of loose gums. Hope this helps. Thank You Regards Dr. Dipti XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Is loose teeth caused due to undetected STD infection? 21 hours later
I asked this because my teeth have all been pulled a long time ago.Because they were getting looseI know i have a infection of some kind and have had.Just trying to get to the bottom of my problem which i believe is severe.But all tests show nothing.Something is being missed time and time again.Very frustrated.

Answered by Dr. Dipti Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get your blood sugar level checked once Detailed Answer: Hello, Actually there are other reasons also for getting your teeth loosened. It can be possible that your blood sugar level is high, as if a person is diabetic he is prone for getting infections and even teeth also become mobile and even get decayed. According to me once you should get your blood sugar level checked. Hope this will help you Thank you Regards Dr. Dipti Singh

Follow-up: Is loose teeth caused due to undetected STD infection? 20 minutes later
Just had it tested last week,And many times previous.Blood tests are good.Including std ect.But something very wrong.Not getting the help i need.Somebody must have the answer.My private parts are very affected by whatever it is.

Answered by Dr. Dipti Singh 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello, If all your blood reports are normal and still you are having problem, it looks that you are having either - A fungal infection - An allergic reaction Better you consult with a good physician get it examined and get started with some antifungal , if needed, as it can solve your problem. Hope it will help you Regards Dr. Dipti Singh

Follow-up: Is loose teeth caused due to undetected STD infection? 12 minutes later
Could a fungal infection go on for yrs. Are you thinking yeast ect.thanks for your quick responces

Answered by Dr. Dipti Singh 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, it can Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes a fungal infection can go on, till you not start with any anti-fungal medications. Once you start with the medication it will help you in relieving the symptoms. Thank You Regards Dr. Dipti Singh

Follow-up: Is loose teeth caused due to undetected STD infection? 1 hour later
If i did a candida cleanse would it matter if i acually had it or not.No harm done.I have thought of this before.Thinking of trying a product from Thialand.Can be seen at WWW.WWWW.WW If you have time to look or have heard of this product.I would appreciate your thoughts.I am very desperate for a fix.Thank you

Brief Answer: Please do not use any medication without diagnosis Detailed Answer: Hello, Fungal infection are to be treated appropriately. Inappropriate treatment is one of the commonest reasons for chronic infection and drug resistance. I do not recommend you to do candida cleanse with an unknown drug (not FDA approved). Starting any medication without diagnosis is to be avoided. You may want to discuss about these concerns with an infectious disease specialist for better answers. Thank you Regards Dr. Dipti Singh