Is lisinopril and atenolol safe to take if you have sleep apnea?

Is lisinopril safe to take if you have sleep apnea which is a malady in which the throat apparently relaxes and blocks breathing during XXXXXXX sleep? I also take atenolol.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 25 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query.

As such Lisinopril is not contra indicated in Obstructive sleep apnea, but it can cause dry cough at times for which you should be observant and report to your physician.

Atenolol is also safe in obstructive sleep apnea (but be sure you do not have any additional obstructive airway disease like bronchial asthma in which atenolol is contra indicated).

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if there are no further queries.