Is liposuction a good option for losing weight?

Hi my height is66 inches and weight is 109 kgs.i am severely overweight. I had harmonal disorder and insulin serum resistant which is fine now and doctor put me on contraceptive pills(femilon)for regulating my knees have started paining while ascending and descending stairs. my problems as follows 1- please tell me if Liposuction is good option for me for loosing weight or what is the best option for me to loose weight( can you prescribe some weight loss medicines) 2-dos and donts for my knees pain and exercises 3- medicines to increase metabolism 4-I m really depressed as I don't feel confident due to my weight gain as I can't exercise much PLEASE HELP!!!! XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Feeding, exercise, physiotherapy, nutrition, clini Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I do understand how you could be feeling. Liposuction does work. However, there are serious inconveniences related to the procedure. Most persons who undergo this procedure happen to regain weight so fast after the procedure. Secondly, some infectious complications have also been recorded. I really do not think it is the best option to think of. Even if you opt for this, it however necessary to associate this with other simple, convenient and sustaining weight loss options. Excess weigh on its own does increase or aggravate joint pain. If you happen to lose weight, the pain shall for sure decrease. A careful review however is needed to ensure that other causes of joint pain are not implicated. Simple exercises like swift walking, for at least thirty minutes at least thrice a week could be of help and I do think is fitting for you. The most important aspect about physical exercise does not lie at the level of the intensity, but also, seriously, on the frequency and consistency of the exercise. The opinion of a physiotherapist could be needed to prescribe fitting exercises and also other manoeuvrings, that could contribute in reducing the intensity of pain, depending on the cause. Drugs to increase metabolism shall mainly be thyroid hormones substitutes. These drugs if given to you will have adverse consequences like on the heart. The best way of increase metabolism shall be to reduce sedentary activities, practice regular exercise. An appropriate feeding habit and schedule, coupled with regular physical exercise could help. Fruit and vegetable rich diet, coupled with an increase in the amount of water you take could be of immense help. I really understand how depressed you could be. i think however, there are still many cheap, comfortable, sustainable options you might not have exploited fully yet. Exercise, feeding habit, water, fruits, vegetables and opinions of a physiotherapist and nutritionist, after a careful clinical review could be most helpful. Kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Bain.
Follow-up: Is liposuction a good option for losing weight? 32 minutes later
Thanks doctor for reply .... You mentioned some cheap, sustainable,comfortable option for weight loss... I would be really grateful if you can suggest some.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Exercise, feeding, no sedentary life, water, fruit Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the update, As I early mentioned, liposuction and fat surgery (removal of sub cutaneous tissue, fatty areas) have been successful at the point, but most clients do regain weight after a very relatively short while after surgery. Best methods are those easy to practice, acceptable and sustainable. 1. Personal decision from inside. take a decision to lose weight and to respect as much as you can the recommended measures. - Exercise, regularly: 30 minutes of brisk walking or other exercise (skipping eg) at least thrice a week. - Watch your diet: A lot of water to drink, make vegetables and fruits constitute the bulk of your diet. - Do as much as you can to flee from a sedentary life style. walk more, avoid unnecessary taking of cars, - Opinion of physiotherapist, in case, knee pain is very intensive. - Consult a nutritionist for an appropriate diet adapted to your physiology, needs and environment. This also important for follow up purposes. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Dr Bain