Is laser hair removal treatment effective in male?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
I have taken 1 session of chest and abdomen hair removal which have cost rs 0000.
Is it worth the cost.

Can i get this treatment at a lesser cost elsewhere or is Rs0000 reasonable for this treatment using diode laser.
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic
Laser hair removal is definitely effective for anyone, male or female, but for pigmented dark hair only.Noone says this before or during this procedure but ideally it should be called Laser hair reduction and not removal.The coarse thick hair gradually become fine and then are reduced to quite an extent .But the hair don't completely go.Few fine hair for example if you had to shave your chest hair alternate day you may have to get it treated later after Laser testament after every month or 6 months depending on your hair which vary from one individual to another.Usually to reach this stage it requires 6 to 8 treatments with Laser but maybe more or less varying from individual to individual.
The efficacy of Laser in decreasing frequency is diode,NdYag, and then IPL as per my experience.The cost per sitting being given to you its decently reasonable and would cost less with any one who owns his own Laser machine rather than bringing it on rental basis. The cost for such an area with diode Laser should range anywhere between 9 to 15 thousand per sitting.
I hope I have answered to all your queries.If you have any further doubts I will be glad to help again.
If you don't have any more doubts kindly accept my answer.
God bless
Dr Mayank Singh (Consultant Plastic Cosmetic & Laser Surgeon)