Is lactic acid cream advisable for post inflammatory pigmentation?

Hello- i have really bad skin. I have a lot of discolration, scars and acne. Ive visited a dermatologist and he gave me hydroquinone for the marks but its very difficult to be consistent because theyre all over my legs. I was told that lactic acid cream fade marks, is this true?
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 5 days later
Brief Answer: Pigmented marks legs Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . Your problem is that of post inflammatory pigmentation . You were recommended hydroquinone by your dermatologist. Lactic acid creams surely help so decreasing the pigmentation but they have to be applied regularly for a long period of time. They tend to slowly exfoliate the upper pigmented layers of skin and help in bringing the skin color back to normal. But you should try and not to combine both hydroquinone and lactic acid cream. You can use either of the two. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul