Is keratin hair treatment bad for hair health?

Jul 2012

Dear Doc. I have very long Normal Hair. Wanted to check is Keratin Hair Treatment bad for Hair health?

Thank You
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there XXXXXXX
If i read correctly..quoting you : 'I have very long normal hair'!
Why then would you even consider tampering with nature.
I do know am a dermatologist/cosmetologist & should be propagating keratin hair treatment but to be honest, NO need for any intervention in your case.
Keratin is a normal component of hair & is hair growth, lustre et al are determined largely by a good well balanced diet & contrary to popular belief, no oil or keratin treatment or any 'external' intervention helps hair heath!
Hope have answered your question to the point!
Wish you continued Great Hair Health & enjoy the festive season! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India