Is it wise to manage without Bisopropol? Also taking Simvastatin and Ramipril

I have come on holiday abroad with packing by bisopropol 2.5 mg. I am a UK resident. Is it wise to manage without or should I try to get it here. I am also on Simvastatin 20 Mg and Ramipril(10mg)
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 28 minutes later

Hope you are doing well and enjoying the time.

Coming to your question,

You need to have the drug.
Bisopropol is a beta blocker as you know. This is normally given to the patients for various indications like hypertension, cardiac protection, angina etc.

Looking to your case it seems that it might have been prescribed as cardiac supportive drug and to maintain good circulation to the heart. These drugs control the heart beats and the pumping of blood from the heart.

Stopping this drug for 2-3 weeks is not advisable.

I can appreciate your concern and hassles that you might have in finding a doctor, still I think you need to do it.

Please get in touch with a doctor and keep taking this medicine.

Wishing you very best for your vacation and great health.