Is it unusual to have pink skin after a shower?

After my shower. exactly one half of my body is pink the other half normal. It is a straight line down the center of my body vertically. Is this unusual?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Normal response. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The red skin after the shower is due to peripheral vasodilatation caused by a hot shower. This is prominent on one side of the body due to a different response of the peripheral nerves on both the sides. This is a physiological variation and is not suggestive of a pathology. Please do not worry. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Is it unusual to have pink skin after a shower? 4 hours later
Thank you for your prompt response. Great service
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 hours later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you. I am glad I could help. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. I wish you the very best in whatever you do. Warm regards