Is it unsafe to take turmeric in case of bile duct obstruction?
User rating for this question
Greetings from Jacksonville, FL, Dr. Kini. I am sure you recall all the family history - or am hoping so - 23 year old daughter - psc diagnosis which is still surreal - struggling with it of course - but she is being amazingly normal / positive and getting ready to apply to medical schools. Question: National Library of Medicine particularly says NOT to take turmeric in case of bile duct obstruction WWW.WWWW.WW We will also be asking the doctor during the upcoming week. Most articles only indicate that it is an excellent thing to take....so any advice from you would be tremendously helpful about turmeric....I am a big believer of turmeric but want to make sure.... thank you.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 35 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, As mentioned in the previous discussion, the curcumin in turmeric is beneficial in PSC. The link you have provided has not provided any details on why it is contraindicated in biliary obstruction. It is not mentioned in standard textbooks also. So I am not sure whether this information is correct. You can write to the author of that article and ask for more details. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for bile duct obstruction
- Will hypertrichosis caused by corticosteroid go away?
- Does cortisone cause hematocrit
- Stomach fills with fluid
- Esophagus scope testing
- Costochondritis cause enlarged lymph nodes
- Esophagus tests medical test
- Poisoning symptoms on fingernails
- Bile duct obstruction causes
- Bile duct obstruction after cholecystectomy
- Symptoms of bile duct obstruction
- Diagnosis of bile duct obstruction
- Can costochondritis cause a knot
- Can costochondritis cause rapid hard heartbeat
- False positive lipase