Is it unsafe to take turmeric in case of bile duct obstruction?
User rating for this question
Greetings from Jacksonville, FL, Dr. Kini. I am sure you recall all the family history - or am hoping so - 23 year old daughter - psc diagnosis which is still surreal - struggling with it of course - but she is being amazingly normal / positive and getting ready to apply to medical schools. Question: National Library of Medicine particularly says NOT to take turmeric in case of bile duct obstruction WWW.WWWW.WW We will also be asking the doctor during the upcoming week. Most articles only indicate that it is an excellent thing to take....so any advice from you would be tremendously helpful about turmeric....I am a big believer of turmeric but want to make sure.... thank you.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 35 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, As mentioned in the previous discussion, the curcumin in turmeric is beneficial in PSC. The link you have provided has not provided any details on why it is contraindicated in biliary obstruction. It is not mentioned in standard textbooks also. So I am not sure whether this information is correct. You can write to the author of that article and ask for more details. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini
People also viewed
- Do i have to have lithotripsy for 8mm stone
- Treatment and cure for bile duct obstruction
- Follicles between 9 12mm on day 9
- Is it safe to travel when 8months pregnant?
- Loose stools 33 weeks
- Dialysis 90 year old man
- 90 years old man operation
- Bile duct obstruction causes
- Bile duct obstruction after cholecystectomy
- Frequent bowel movements at 33weeks
- Symptoms of bile duct obstruction
- Hemorrhoids in week 33
- Diagnosis of bile duct obstruction
- Constant tight belly pains 34 weeks
- Food poisoning at 33 weeks of pregnancy