Is it serious if I have pain in the armpits?

Hi I have had a stinging pain in both arm pits that has come and gone in intervals over the last few months. It's bearable but annoying. The doctor a few weeks ago said there are no obvious glands and all my blood tests are clear however having read up on armpit pain I'm concerned it maybe serious
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 35 minutes later

You have reported pain in the bilateral arm pits. On and off pain in the both arm pits is not known to be associated with any organic medical condition.
I appreciate the fact that you have already consulted a doctor who have not found any obvious pathology.

So do not worry.

A few measures which could be useful are:

1. Keep your armpits hygienic to prevent infection.
2. Avoid deodrants or perfumes if you are allergic to them.
3. Keep your armpits free from hair.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for followups if any.