Is it safe to wash dog bowls in kitchen?

hi. my question is whether or not it's safe to wash your dog's food bowls in your kitchen sink in terms of bacteria and infections. I'm asking cause I've a one year old dog who loves to eat garbage. I try to not let him but he does sometimes. thanks
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: you can use the sink but with precautions Detailed Answer: Hi Pegah, Welcome to health care magic If the dog is immunized and maintains healthy habits there is no problem in washing it's utensils in your kitchen basin but because the dog has got unhealthy habits of eating garbage, it's mouth can be contaminated and the bacteria can be transfer to it's utensils and from there they can be transfered to your daily use utensils and can infect you although probability is very low. You should try to limit the opportunities of the doggie to approach stray garbage around or you may wash your home utensils first then wash the doggie's utensils and then flush the basin with soap and water and wash your hands with an antiseptic solution. This will eliminate the possibility of cross infection with dog's utensils. I hope the advice will be helpful for you.