Is it safe to use young living oils and clove oil internally?

Ayurveda Specialist
Dear Doctor,

Could you please tell me: is it safe yo use YOUNG LIVING OILS (Balsam, Lavender, Pine (Tsuga), Clove and Ledum) internally?

Looking forward for you rapid reply.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 1 hour later
Respected XXXXXXX
In medical world we generally do not recommend XXXXXXX use of these oils. However there are stray cases who have taken a drop or two internally using extreme caution such as swallowing after putting a drop in capsule shell. The efficy of these oil using internally to eradicate disease is neither established nor well documented. Going by ayurveda nasal opening are regarded as door to brain and the volatile oils when smelt with XXXXXXX breath act similar as XXXXXXX medicine. For example in cold euclyptus oil is recommended for XXXXXXX inhalation and it checks cold effectively. Another factor associated with such oils is that they have positive effect on mood of the person and this creats a sense of well being and imparts pleasure at heart. When tried to use internally they may create instant nausea so it is better to use them externally or via olfactory route.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Follow-up: Is it safe to use young living oils and clove oil internally? 15 minutes later
Dear Doctor Rakhanpaul,

Thank you very much for your reply. But may be you would recommend the brand of oils that could be used internally?As you see the previous doctor several days ago confirmed that Frankincense oil can be used 2 drops 3 times a day.

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 42 minutes later
Respected XXXXXXX
I am not sure what specific benefit you are aiming to avail of these oils. I will not recommend XXXXXXX use of such oils when olfactory route is there to impart equally good benefits. I have seen it many a times that medicines administered via olfactory route act better to give results than consumed internally where it takes longer to act and might disturb gastric mucosa.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul