Is it safe to use valtrex before the pregnancy termination surgery?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have a pergenacuy termination surgery in the 24-11 is it ok yo use valtrex before the surgery ?
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Hello.
Before pregnancy termination surgery, you can use valtrex. Since the pregnancy termination is done under a short anaesthesia or a sedation, it is not likely to affect the procedure in any way.
Do inform your gynecologist regarding the treatment as she might need to rule out all the infections before the procedure.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
YYYY@YYYY

Follow-up: Is it safe to use valtrex before the pregnancy termination surgery? 1 hour later
Even if the procedure is under general anaesthetic?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Since it is a short general anaesthesia, it is not likely to affect you or interact with Valtrex.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.