Is it safe to use leofenac plus while lactating and have calcaneal spur?
User rating for this question
I am a lactating mother and have calcaneal spur.My doctor advised for leofenac plus one tablet a day for 15 days.Is it safe to use now? Can I go for injections as I do not see any reduce in the pain?
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is better to avoid. Detailed Answer: Hi, Lenofenac plus contains aceclofenacc and paracetamol. It is better to avoid aceclofenac in lactating mother. You can take ibuprofen or paracetamol for pain control, which is safe in lactating mother. Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any more concerns.
Follow-up: Is it safe to use leofenac plus while lactating and have calcaneal spur? 2 hours later
Can I go for cartizone injections?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 7 hours later
Brief Answer: You can go for cortisone injections. Detailed Answer: Hi, You can go for cortisone injections. Cortisone injections are not specifically a contraindications- but there are other non-invasive treatments for calcaneal spur. There range from icing to physical therapy. I suggest you to try these first before going for cortisone injections.
People also viewed
- Having knee pain taking medicines should i see a doctor
- Calcaneal spur on ankle
- Small plantar calcaneal spur
- Having substantial achilles pain diagnosed with achilles tendonosis suggest exercises
- Ondem injection on jaundice
- Calcaneal spur exercises
- Itching around ppd injection
- Prominent plantar calcaneal spur
- Stomach issues with testerone injections
- Having pain in the foot near toe underlying cause
- Petroleum jelly injected in
- Small indentations appearing on forehead for no reason suggest
- Having pain between feet and leg what should i do
- Calcaneal spur causes
- Insulin injections vs oral medications