Is it safe to use contact lenses for high number?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
Dear Doc., I was using spacs -4(L) & -3.75(R) since 2001. Last week, i have started using contect lenses for office hours. I want to know if there is any side effect/ harm in using contect lenses for such high numbere lenses.
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later
hello
Welcome in H.C.M.
I read your query regarding use of contact lens, i think you are not clear about the difference between contact lenses and glasses, i would like to tell you that visual acuity after using contact lenses and glasses remains same irrespective of number.

you can use contact lenses of any number for any length of time, the only care to be taken-
1. never use contact lens in dusty atmosphere
2. never use contact lens during sleep
3. for wearing and removing contact lenses your hands should be perfectly clean to avoid infection to eyes.

on the other hand there is no restrictions in use of glasses.

there is no harm/side effect in using contact lenses of such high number(as you have mentioned).

with regards

Follow-up: Is it safe to use contact lenses for high number? 14 hours later
Dear Doc. Thanks for your valuable advice.
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 29 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Your satisfaction is my pleasure.

With Regards.