Is it safe to use avonex in frozen condition?

Yes, I had avonex in the fride and it may have gotten frozen by mistake of the fridge being too cold. I took a dosage out tonight, it was not frozen. My question is will it be XXXXXXX to use the medicine in the event it "might" have been frozen?

I have no way of knowing what the temp range of the fridge might have been. I am away from home and i have 4 weekly dosages.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Frozen injections should not be used.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for discussing your concerns with us.
This is standard practice to store Avonex in refrigerator ( 2-8 degree centigrade).
It should be removed from refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to use to allow it to come at room temperature.
It should not be heated or chilled excessively to become frozen. If this has happened you must not use the stored medicine.
You may check your fridge temperature by using a mercury thermometer, if it has no pre-set temperature range.
As you have mentioned earlier that your injection was not frozen. This suggest that your fridge was well at normal settings.