Is it safe to use acnesol for acne in Tzone area?

Dec 2013

Hello name is XXXXXXX ...I live in India & city is problem is that my face especially Tzone area is very much prone to acne....pimples comes and takes very long time to get heal...approx. 2 months....more often pimples are very big and have pus in is really painfull. When it leaves scars on my face. And iam facing this problem from last year....before that acne was not such big problem.....please prescribe me some good medicine which can control acne on my thing more doctor that one of my friend recommended me ACNESOL gel to apply on my face....also tell me that ACNESOL is helpful in finishing acne ?? Regards XXXXXXX .
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly see the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for pimples. For a female it is really distressing if there is presence of pimples on face. Before I proceed to your issue let me explain you elaborately regarding pimples- Acne or pimples generally appears at the age of 13-14 years and then almost vanishes by the age of 25 years. These erupts basically due to hormones (chemicals which are influencing one or other body functions including growth, puberty and development of body in adults) in addition to the influence of certain other factors causing its aggravation. The hormone testosterone and its bye-products plays the most important role in high oil secretion and increase the size of oil glands especially in males. As the pores or ducts of the glands are blocked so it leads to formation of pimples. In females there is not a direct presence of testosterone is there but the female hormones turns into the testosterone and other of related chemicals. There are certain other factors such as application of oily or creamy products, over exposure to sunlight, heat and humidity or due to pinching, popping and squeezing of the pimples also leads to formation of pimples. Once these are healing they leave the most problematic thing which are either marks or scars. Therefore any of the above factors along with hormones can cause appearance of pimples at the age of 29 years also. So probably you got some idea regarding your acne. There are certain suggestions which you can follow: 1. Do not pinch, pop or squeeze any area on face. 2. Do not apply any creamy or oily stuff or any other cosmetics over face. 3. Try to avoid any home remedies suggested by your friends or family members or otherwise self implicated therapies also. 4. Try avoiding situations of direct continuous exposure to sunlight or heat and humidity for long hours. Make your room properly ventilated it will improve the status of pimples. 5. Kindly do not use any antibiotic as self medication. 6. Do not apply any hair oil on scalp or apply in very less amount. Wash your scalp daily with some good shampoo and let there be no dandruff in your scalp ( because dandruff itself causes blockage of pores of oil glands and then pimples). Kindly tell me some details regarding yourself - your marital status and if married then future planning for pregnancy or feeding baby. - Your job profile. - History of delayed menses. - How many pimples you get in a week and are these big ones. It will be better if you can send a picture of your present status. Hope these informations will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to help. Regards. Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)
Follow-up: Is it safe to use acnesol for acne in Tzone area? 10 minutes later
Doctor...I appreciate Your suggestions...but Iam already taking same precautions. I need to know some good medicines which can stop my acne and as well reduce my scars n spots on my face. Some important informations I would like to give u: 1. I am married & have 4 years old daughter. I am a housewife. 2. Menses usually comes 3 or 4 days before the usual date. At this time also one or two pimples occur on my face. 3. Pimples are usually big & have pus form in it. 4. In a week 2 or 3 pimples occurs on my face & worst part is they take approx.2 months to heal. Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly follow the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Welcome again to the forum and thanks for your swift reply. After getting all the important information form your side there are further suggestions for you: - After analyzing the condition, It appears from your query that you are suffering from cystic acne or nodular acne. - The best medication for the same is isotretinoin- it is drug of choice which acts on all aspect of pimple formation BUT UNDER STRICT DERMATOLOGICAL SUPERVISION ONLY. Why I have written in capitals letters is because it is double edged sword- if not used under medical advice it can cause serious side effects. We always first go for certain basic investigation of blood before we start this medicine. There is also a norm of continuous supervision with further blood test monthly basis and clinically also where we judge either to reduce or to stop the medication. So this drug is to be started under a dermatologist's guidance only. - As I said previously, Isotretinoin for 3 months by mouth is the best available treatment for preventing further progression of pimples. If a female wants to conceive in next few months then it should not be started. - The other of the way is to go for hormonal therapy in low dose along with anti-androgen tablets can be taken for 3 months. For married females who do not wish to conceive in near future can be given this part of treatment for few months. Again you need to take it under dermatological supervision only. - Safest of all, alternate to both the above treatments, a weekly course of oral Azithromycin 500 mg for 3 times a week can be taken for 2 months - For topical application If I were your treating doctor then would have prescribed you a gel containing Clindamycin with Adapalene in it. This should be applied at night time in thinnest possible amount over pimples only. For initial few days apply for 1 hour and then wash it off. Acnesol also contain clindamycin in it. But I prefer to use it in combination as using alone will cause resistance after some time. - For the same it would be better to consult a proper dermatologist and discuss all sorts of measure which I have suggested to you. Be in good follow up of the treating dermatologist. Do not at all try self implicated therapies as can harm you rather than helping. Rest of the suggestions are previous. Reduce your stress level too as high stress leads to hormonal up surge and thereby more eruption of pimples. I hope that the information will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to help. "With healthy skin wishes" Regards. Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)
Follow-up: Is it safe to use acnesol for acne in Tzone area? 30 minutes later
Thank u so much doctor for this relevant information. Doctor...I would like to tell you that I am not planning for 2nd baby....Me & my husband wanted to have 1 baby only.....So, its a request that please tell me which medicine would be best for me that can actually control acne on my face as I have given interview in media company and fortunately got selected. I am joining in another 10, I really need to get acne settle down on my face as I have to face the camera sometimes.. please tell me AZITHROMYCIN 500 mg is best medicine or ISOTRENTINOIN can cure my acne fast ?? Please help Regards XXXXXXX One more request doctor that please also prescribe any gel or cream for topical application...combination which u know best for acne on my face. As u can read doctor...the reason for stress is acne on my face....please need your assistance Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly follow the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome again to the forum and thanks for your further queries. Let em first of congratulate you for your selection in media field. Its really nice to know that you would be joining in next few days. Now for the part of your further queries: - If you are not planning for next baby (at least for now) then you are the ideal candidate for isotretinoin. Now the good news for you is both isotretinoin and azithromycin can be used together in your case. It is one of the most preferred choice for your kind of condition. A full 3 months course under strict dermatological supervision is required to get best relief. There are different doses of the isotretinoin to be given at different aspect of time according to the grade of improvement. There fore you require a dermatologist to supervise it. There is no such treatment which can control the situation in just 10 days. Isotretinoin itself takes few weeks of period to get its effect. So do not try any do any desperate efforts in getting rid of acne as these can harm your skin rather than benefiting. Have patience to get better skin. For topical application gel containing Clindamycin with Adapalene ( Deriva CMS) would be best to be applied till you get an oral treatment from the dermatologist. Appraise and discuss the points with your treating dermatologist and have best follow up to get good glowing skin. I hope that the information will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to help or if not then can close the query and rate the answer. "With best wishes of healthy and wealthy new year" Regards. Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)
Follow-up: Is it safe to use acnesol for acne in Tzone area? 5 days later
Hello Doctor, Got busy with my family so could not ask u more about the treatment. As for now, iam not taking any treatment from any other doctor except u. So, its a request that u only treat my acne....u told me isotrentinoin & azithromycin 500 mg can be used in my case as iam not planning to have 2nd baby. Isotrentinoin ( Mg) was not mentioned. Please prescribe the medication that how should I take these two medicines. And should I send u my photo so that u can have a look on acne on my face? Please..e-mail me the prescription..i will take out the print out so that I can buy medicines & start my treatment. My e-mail id is YYYY@YYYY . Regards XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Meet a dermatlogist and appraise suggestions Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to the forum again and thanks for your follow up. I really appreciate your regards and confidence in me for treatment of your problem. But I beg your pardon to give a written prescription as there are so many important points to be judged before writing a proper prescription. You need a thorough clinical examination in person to get proper dose of the medicines. I don't have the opportunity to examine you through online forum. I suggest you to meet a proper dermatologist and appraise my suggestions to him/her. I am quite confident that you will get best of treatment and regain your glowing skin with confidence. All my best wishes for you. Regards. Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)