Is it safe to use Placentrax on burns due to hot water ?

Question
My son had superficial burns on his stomach portion as hot water fell and he is getting his skin back. Doctor is prescribing Placentrax ointment for 2 months. Is it safe?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 1 hour later
Hello, XXXXXXX

Yes it is safe.

Let me explain you the beneficial effects of it.

Extracts of placenta serve as a potent wound healer.

Aqueous extract of fresh term human placenta acts as a potent biogenous stimulator.

It is clinically effective in healing normal as well as infected wounds.

It is involved in almost every stage of healing.

It is used in wound dressings to speed up the process of recovery.

A variety of biologically active substances such as hormones, proteins and nucleic acids have been identified in the extract.

It is also a XXXXXXX source of many bio active peptides, vitamins, amines, micronutrients, lipids and enzymes.

Fibronectin type-3 like peptide identified in the extract finds special importance in wound healing as it is a vital component of tissue matrix.

Extensive biological screening showed that Placentrex contains biologically active NADPH that stimulates the nitric oxide mediated healing of the wound.

It is established that nitric oxide has multiple effects in wound healing at the molecular, cellular and physiological level.

It promotes the inflammatory mediation of repair mechanism and wound matrix development followed by remodeling.

Nitric oxide also enhances wound repair by increasing the tissue oxygen availability.

The extract also has effective inhibitory role on the growth of different microbes.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: Is it safe to use Placentrax on burns due to hot water ? 15 hours later
Thanks so much for your detailed response. Unfortunately Placentrax was not availalbe in medical shops and doctor has prescribed "Cicabio Cream" from Bioderma. can you please let us know details about that? Can this be used by everyone if skin is itchy and at times when a person scratches the skin comes out little, so can this be used to heal such things?

Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 1 hour later
Hello, XXXXXXX

Nice to see you again.

Cicabio cream targets every stage of skin reconstruction to promote perfectly restored skin.

The synergistic combination of Resveratrol and copper promotes high quality skin regeneration.

The copper- zinc complex prevents bacterial proliferation.

Hyaluronic acid, a major skin component recognised for its regenerating capacity, provides optimal moisturising.

The cream rapidly relieves the sensation of discomfort and reduces the urge to scratch.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Regards.