Is it safe to undergo Gamma knife surgery?
User rating for this question
Is Gamma knife Surgury safe and can it be a contributing factor for facial cancer later?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Risks are very low and probably none Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Gamma knife is quite safe in expert hands. There has been concerns about risks of the radiation causing cancers but it has not been shown in scientific studies. I would like to point your attention to this large study where no risk of new cancer was found (link WWW.WWWW.WW . So, even if there is a risk, it is quite low. Hope i have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queroes, if any.
People also viewed
- Benign frontal meningioma gamma knife surgery recommended
- Is there any chances of getting hiv from precum
- Numbness after gamma knife surgery
- Diabetic cause of shivering hands
- High heart rate after consuming alcohol any risk
- Thyroid got removed done with thyroid test suggestion
- Gamma knife surgery trigeminal neuralgia
- Gamma knife after effects
- Why am i having breathing difficulty while eating
- Psa after prostate radiation
- Sex after prostate seed implants
- Fluid around liver after surgery
- Is it safe to undergo gamma knife surgery
- Seroma fluid pockets after surgery
- Female fertility after chemotherapy