Is it safe to undergo Gamma knife surgery?

Is Gamma knife Surgury safe and can it be a contributing factor for facial cancer later?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Risks are very low and probably none Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Gamma knife is quite safe in expert hands. There has been concerns about risks of the radiation causing cancers but it has not been shown in scientific studies. I would like to point your attention to this large study where no risk of new cancer was found (link WWW.WWWW.WW . So, even if there is a risk, it is quite low. Hope i have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queroes, if any.