Is it safe to travel with IUI pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
Hello doctor, I am planning to travel to dubsi from india in my 6th week of IUI pregnancy. Is it safe ?
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) The pregnancy naturally or IUI is same. No difference once pregnancy occurs. 2) It is not safe to travel during pregnancy. It will be more difficult once pregnancy goes on increasing. 3) Please get a scan done to rule out pregnancy and leave for India. Dont go back till delivery is over. 4) Keep walking in flight as it is long journey. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Is it safe to travel with IUI pregnancy? 3 hours later
I dont understand as u have asked to keep walking in the flight ans also u mentioned that it is not safe to travel during pregnancy. What should we do ? Can we goi ahead with our travel plans? Will it be safe ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: 2 options Detailed Answer: Hi, Options are as follows: 1) It is advisable not to travel at all during complete pregnancy. If it is possible. 2) But if it is unavoidable and you have to travel, make sure you keep stretching your legs by walking in the flight every half an hour to prevent blood getting collected in legs, I hope you are clear now. Regards