Is it safe to travel in pregnancy?

May 2013
I have conceived recently. My Last period date was on 20th september. I have to travel from bangalore to hyderabad. Please suggest whether i can travel through train. If so, please suggest some tips during travel by train.
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Compared with the road journey train journey is safe in pregnancy because of less jerks and comfort.
So you can travel by train.
During travel you can follow general measures like:
-Better to prefer lower XXXXXXX as much as possible.
-Try to complete most of the journey in lying either supine or lateral positions.
-Prefer homemade food, avoid eating food supplied in train.
-Before traveling better to consult gynecologist once and confirm intrauterine pregnancy and take necessary tablets like folic acid etc.
-Take your regular tablets, diet etc in time during traveling also.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.