Is it safe to travel at 2 month pregnancy?

I will be 2 months pregnant on Nov 3. On Nov 2 we- me and my husband are planning to travel via train to Delhi. It takes 36 hours from Banglore. Is it recommendable
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 20 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Travel during pregnancy is acceptable. The main concern during pregnancy has to do with the increased risk of forming a blood clot in your legs. For this reason, you need to get up and move / stretch your legs every 1-2 hours. Also, when you are seated, occasionaly flex the muscles in your calves.

Also, if you have any problems with nausea and vomiting, consider taking medication with you that might help with this.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have more questions! Also, please take a moment to give me feedback!