Is it safe to take zydalis 10 mg for early ejaculation?

HI Doc, i want to know whether taking zydalis 10 mg safe for Early Ejaculation, or do u suggest any other tab
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Firstly, Zydalis (Tadalafil) is a medication given for erectile dysfunction (impotence) and not for premature ejaculation.

Secondly, the most important step in the management of any sexual problem is a comprehensive evaluation. A proper evaluation will include a detailed medical, sexual and psycho-social history, a thorough physical examination and certain investigations, as per the necessity. This is both informative to the doctor and serves as an opportunity to educate the patient and clarify any doubts or misconceptions as well as allieviate any anxiety or stress due to the problem.

Treatment is then targetted according to the findings on evaluation. It is important to remember that treatment involves a wholistic approach to the problem. Many people tend to have an oversimplistic idea that pre-mature ejaculation can just be treated with medication alone. On the other hand, a wholistic approach, which takes into consideration medical, psychological and social factors is what will give most effective results.

I would also like to let you know that in more than 90% of cases of pre-mature ejaculation, psychological factors also play a major role in causing or aggravating the problem. Performance anxiety, feelings of sexual indequacy, self-doubts, guilt, past negative sexual experiences, poor communication / understanding with the partner, etc. can all affect sexual functioning and performance. That is why I said that a wholistic approach is essential.

Another very important thing is to realize that the person's sexual partner also plays an integral role in therapy. For successful and effective management to be achieved, the evaluation and discussion of any intervention should include both partners.

There are effective treatment options available - both in the form of medication as well as behavioural techniques which will help you tackle this problem of premature ejaculation. But, like I mentioned earllier treatment should be planned only after a proper evaluation. So, I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation and further treatment.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Follow-up: Is it safe to take zydalis 10 mg for early ejaculation? 2 hours later
HI Doc,
The problem is when i am sex, i dnt have lack of energy & exhaustion and get tired and i cannot have erection for a long, so can u prescribe any medicine for it.
Thank You
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 8 hours later
Hello again,

Zydalis (Tadalafil) is a medication which can be useful in erectile dysfunction. However, you must remember that it is not a medication to be taken on a daily basis, but should be taken on a need basis. The effects of a single dose usually lasts for 2 to 3 days. Other medication in this class whichare also used in the management include Sildenafil and Varedinafil. There are also certain medication like Dapoxetine (Prlyixet) which have been found to be effective in premature ejaculation.

But like I had explained earlier, it is better to have a comprehensive evaluation done before starting medication.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist