Is it safe to take unwanted 72 twice for unwanted pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
My gf taken twice unwanted72 in two days in 24 hour gap
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. S Patra 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. The First thing, you should know that one UNWANTED 72 pill within first 72 hrs of sex is quite enough to get adequate protection against unwanted pregnancy. However, sooner is better and efficacy is more than 95% when it is taken within first 24 hrs. In this context, she took 2 UNWANTED 72 in two days with 24 hrs gap. Herein, she will get same protection (more than 95%) but she may get some adverse drug effect due to over dosing like nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp, breast tenderness, irregular spotting etc. Second thing, she will get a withdrawal bleeding due to effect of the pill within 7-10 days. It is a quite common and physiological phenomena. However, next cycle will be delayed for 1-2 weeks from due date. It is better to undergo one home pregnancy test if period is delayed more than one week. Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me. Wish your good health and practice safe sex next time. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Is it safe to take unwanted 72 twice for unwanted pregnancy? 3 minutes later
Sir is there any chances of her to get pregnant, what should I do now?

Answered by Dr. S Patra 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. Before answering your query, I need some additional information to assist you better and give proper guideline. 1) What is her last menstrual period (LMP) date and when did you sex? 2) Is her period regular or irregular? Duration of flow? Waiting for your response. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Is it safe to take unwanted 72 twice for unwanted pregnancy? 18 minutes later
Menstrual period is 1Nov to 5 Nov of this month and we have done sex on 6 Nov and taken one unwanted72 at that time and on 7Nov and taken another unwanted72 Regular period I am in bit tension if she got pregnant And we have not done the proper sex I mean I have not uncovered my penis from my underwear and it was just in contact with it and I am not sure that my sperms got into her vagina or not But in whole period my penis was covered

Answered by Dr. S Patra 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for information. You did sex on extremely safe period and there is no chance of pregnancy. She also took UNWANTED 72 pill additionally for extra protection. Herein, you have nothing to worry. Just follow my previous advices. Hope, I have answered your query. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. Good luck. All the best. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Is it safe to take unwanted 72 twice for unwanted pregnancy? 43 hours later
Sir I think she is pregnant she is showing the symptoms And as we have done sex before one week from today She is bleeding today but not paining

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: WITHDRAWAL BLEEDING. NO NEED TO WORRY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for query. I have already mentioned that there is no chance of pregnancy from your sexual activity. Don't be worried much. Withdrawal bleeding is a quite common phenomena after taking UNWANTED 72. Most women get the bleeding. It will stop automatically within 2-3 days and no treatment is usually required. She would maintain her genital hygiene properly. Pill side effects are quite similar to pregnancy symptoms. It occurs due to over dosing as she took 2 pill at 24 hrs gap. However, she will recover soon. Hope, it helps for understanding. Good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Is it safe to take unwanted 72 twice for unwanted pregnancy? 5 minutes later
But sir if my sperms got into her vagina then she would be pregnant? And sir from before she feel more hungry And if she is pregnant then is there any chance to stop this pregnancy? Why she feel more hungry?

Answered by Dr. S Patra 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for additional query. 1) First 5 days after period is extremely safe period in case of 28 to 30 days cycle and her ovulation date is around 14th to 16th November. Therefore, she can't be pregnant from sexual activity on 6th November and it doesn't matter whether you did unprotected or not. 2) Feeling hungry is not a obvious sign of pregnancy. Hormonal imbalance, stress or anxiety etc can increase her appetite. So, don't be worried. 3) If you have any doubt about pregnancy still now, she can undergo one home pregnancy test after next missed period and not before that. No treatment or abortion pill is recommended without confirmation of pregnancy. It can cause ill health effect. Regards, Dr Soumen

You are saying that as I have done sex on 6 nov after her periods from 1 to 5 nov she can't be pregnant how?

Answered by Dr. S Patra 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLANATION IS GIVEN. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for response. You should know that pregnancy depends on proper timing of unprotected sex with ejaculation inside vagina and ovulation day (approx 14 days prior to next period) or fertile days (11th to 19th day of each 28 to 30 days cycle). Second thing, sperm lives XXXXXXX 3 days within vagina after ejaculation and ovum lives 24 hrs after ovulation. Her ovulation date is around 14th to 16th November and fertile days are 11th to 19th November. Therefore, she can't be pregnant from sexual activity on 6th November as she didn't ovulate at that time. Hope, I have clarified the all things and you understand properly. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Is it safe to take unwanted 72 twice for unwanted pregnancy? 9 minutes later
Thanku so much sir

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 minute later
Brief Answer: WELCOME. Detailed Answer: You are most welcome in our Healthcare Magic platform. Kindly, close the discussion and rate the answer. Good luck. All the best. Regards, Dr Soumen